At Qatar Steel Industries Factory we offer Steel Deck or Decking Floor Panels with varied dimensions that can be used to meet a variety of structural requirements. These decking panels are Galvanized Iron ‘GI’, ribbed and rolled from high-quality metal. They can be used to provide lateral bracing for structures as they can be interlocked, acting as a diaphragm.
This diaphragm can be used to act as a base to accommodate concrete. The poured concrete settles within the ribbed profiles of the panel which provides a stronger bond between the concrete and the floor decking panel, combined they give the floor or roof the strengthening qualities of both metal and concrete. Compared to previous methods that were time-consuming and expensive, this is quicker to build and results in a stronger yet cheaper solution.
Size, Dimensions and Coating:
- Thickness ranges from 0.9 - 1.2 mm
- Width 1000 mm
- Length ranging from 1000 - 10000 mm.
- Chromated zinc-coated surface, coating ranging from 120 - 150 grams per sqm.
The features of these signature Decking Panels are as follows:
- The decking panels are designed to prevent any slip, longitudinally between the metal diaphragm and concrete poured into the slab. It also halts any transverse movement between the slab and supporting beams.
- The composite slab acts as a safe working platform, once the concrete is poured within the metal diaphragm it helps the structure stay stable above and below.
- Can easily accommodate both light and dense concrete making it a versatile choice.
- Structural integrity is stronger with decking panel composite slabs, as it reinforces supporting frames ensuring stronger structural integrity.
- Practical as it requires little to no site storage requirements.
- Interlocked design of the decking panel diaphragm and the compression of the poured concrete offer tensile reinforcement to the composite slab.