Qatar Steel Industries Factory, counts itself as one of the leading checkered plate suppliers and prides itself in providing a large variety for it. Checkered plate comes under a variety of options such as hot rolled steel, stainless steel, and aluminum. Also known as tread plate or diamond plate; it is identified by a raised checkered pattern. When making a standard plate or sheet, the slabs are put through a series of large rollers until the desired thickness is achieved. These sheets or plates are then put through a final set of rollers that are either embossed or punched to create the checkered pattern onto the surface. This process is quick and cost effective resulting in a very affordable product.
Some of the uses, keypoints and features of checkered plates are below;
- Aesthetic Accents: Aluminum, stainless steel and hot rolled steel-checkered plates each have unique appearances, which can be used as accents for architectural elements or furniture.
- Vehicles and Trailers: For people who can attest to owning a truck and or a trailer, the elements can wreak having on footrests and doorframes. To avoid such hazards you can find checkered plates on all essential areas that need some form of traction. These plates act as perfect anti slip areas that allow for safe traversal.
- Safety Applications: Checkered plates are commonly used on stairs or ramps in industrial areas, as it helps to reduce the chance of slipping on the metal. Outdoor fire exits in particular rely on checkered plates to enhance traction when the steps become slippery from sand, rain or snow. The checkered pattern creates an excellent tread, which can help reduce slips and falls while also providing an excellent form of grip to either walk on or drive over.
- Dimensions: These plates come in the sizes of 1-2.4 meters and thickness ranges of 1.2-3 mm.
- Material: Come in the practical options of Aluminum, Mild Steel and Galvanized Iron.