Furring is the process of raising or leveling out the surfaces of walls and ceilings using steel furring channels. To level out walls and ceilings, both residential and commercial contractors use hat channels ensuring in the process that the building is sound. These channels create breathing room between the interior or exterior walls and drywall or siding. Which safeguards against moisture buildup and eliminates the need for undue maintenance.
Metal furring channels are integral to keeping the building structurally sound and prevent any sources of unevenness in the installation of walls and ceilings. To level out walls and ceilings for finishing in the most cost effective way, furring channels must be used. Furthermore, variants can be used that are resistant to fire, moisture and corrosion.
Qatar Steel Industries Factory offers the Steel Furring Channels, which are:
- Protected against rust, mold, warping, splitting, and corrosion
- Is portable, easy to transport and lightweight
- Affordable and cost effective.
- Easy installation and built with convenience in mind.
- Very durable and strong.
- Protects against the spread of fire.
- Easily customizable to the exact specifications you want namely in the dimensions of 68x35x22 mm and 83x50x22 mm; standard material thickness of 0.35x70 mm.
The following are the industries that fully utilize Furring:
- Commercial builders
- Masonry, stone, concrete builders
- Deck and patio builders
- General contractors
- Acoustic tiles and panels for projects that require sound dampening. This is achieved by the sound dampening and proofing panels that snuggly fit with the channels. Controlling sound can be used in buildings such as schools, restaurants, sound studios, hospitals and libraries
- Rain screens provide an air gap for venting moisture and protecting against water. This acts as a long term solution against moisture, rot, mold, rust and corrosion
- Wall cladding allows for another layer to be padded onto the original in order to insulate and safeguard against the elements