Due to their high quality, sustainability and cost effectiveness, Qatar Steel Industries Factory has become a reputed Galvanized sheet supplier. Galvanization is a process where steel or iron is coated with zinc to protect and prevent from rusting. Galvanized steel is one of our most popular products due to its extended life, strength and durability of steel, along with corrosion protection via zinc coating. The zinc protects the base metal by acting as a barrier to corrosive elements, which results in a long-lasting and high-quality product.
Galvanized Steel is utilized primarily because it has such a wide array of benefits to take advantage of, including having:
- Long Life, where a piece of industrial steel lasts for several decades requiring little to no maintenance.
- Low initial cost compared to most treated steels. It is immediately ready for use and does not require additional preparation of the surface, inspections, painting or coatings.
- Comes in the convenient thickness of 0.3-4 mm and a width of 750-1200 mm.
- Anti-Corrosion coating with the range standards of 40G -200G.
- Taking full advantage of these properties, the following are where galvanized metals are put to good use:
- Telecommunication industry – All telecom equipment from the poles, to the boxes and their fixtures are made from galvanized steel. Reducing cost of maintenance, replacements and increasing lifespan of the equipment
- Construction industry – Whether it be for residential or commercial projects, the durability of galvanized steel has made it invaluable to the construction industry. Apart from being used in making structural frames, they are used to make products such as fencing, gutters, rails, tubing, poles, balconies, verandahs and much more.
- Clean Energy Projects - Solar as well as wind energy based installations usually deal with equipment that requires the least amount of disruption and maintenance. Galvanized steel is long lasting, durable and protected from corrosion. Ensuring years of maintenance free operation.
- Agriculture Industry – The equipment and machinery used is exposed to the elements throughout the years, experiencing not only threats from corrosion and weathering but also from wear and tear due to overuse.
- Automotive industry – To build and create new body work and commonly used within the industry to manufacture new cars.