Strut Channel is a Hot rolled steel that has been formed into a “C” shape. A strut is created from a Thinner metal sheet, mainly Galvanized or PPGI, folded over into an open channel with inwards-curving lips to provide firm interlocking and as a centralized point to mount interconnecting components. They also have holes at the base to facilitate locking or fastening to underlying structures or systems.
The following are the benefits and uses of the strut channels:
- Construction - they are versatile, flexible and can easily be modified and/or extended using fasteners and bolts.
- Assembly - very quick to assemble with minimal tool requirements and can be installed by anyone with moderately trained labor, making it a very cost-effective investment.
- C-channels are mainly used to mount, brace, support and connect lightweight structural loads in structures. These include pipes, electrical and data wires, mechanical systems such as ventilation and air conditioning.
- Add-ons can be attached to the strut channel with a bolt, threaded into a channel nut that may have a spring to ease installation. Circular objects such as pipes and cables can be attached with straps that can be retained by the channel.
- It is also used for other applications that require a strong framework, such as equipment racks, workbenches, shelving systems etc. sockets are available to tighten nuts, bolts, etc.
Strut Channels, when laid down flat, can be measured by taking the width of the channels, the height of its Flange (legs) and Web (thickness of the material between the two flanges). More commonly, it is measured by taking its width and pounds per foot. These channels come in many shapes and sizes such as Bar Mill, Ships and Car Sizes, Stair Stringers (Junior) and the more common Structural Channel.
At Qatar Steel Industries Factory, they come with the following attributes:
- Material: Come in Plain metal, Plain Galvanized, Hot Dipped Galvanized and Stainless Steel.
- Dimensions: 41x21 mm to 41x41 mm
- Thickness from 1-2.5 mm
- Length from 1 to 6 meters